01 February 2018
SERG merges with the DEEP Research Group
From the 1st of February 2018 onwards, the research activities of the Social Epistemology Reserach Group (SERG) will be merged with those of the DEEP Research Group (Democracy, Epistemology, Ethics and Psychology Research Group).
DEEP is based on the 3-year research project Convergent Ethics and the Ethics of Controversy funded by the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
The thematic focus of the merged activities will be on:
- Social/political epistemology
- Normative and applied ethics, especially as pertains to the acceptability (or not) of novel technologies (including such concepts as consent, exploitation, trust and risk).
- Moral epistemology and psychology, especially the existence and signifiance of (dis)agreement
- Political philosophy, in particular questions concerning democracy and political legitimacy
- Cognitive/social psychology