Summer School in Social Epistemology
The Network on Epistemology and Society (Autonomous University of Madrid) together with the Social Epistemology Research Group (University of Copenhagen) will organize a summer school in Social Epistemology.
Berit Brogaard (University of Miami)
Paul Faulkner (University of Sheffield)
Sanford Goldberg (Northwestern University)
Katherine Hawley (University of St Andrews)
Jonathan Matheson (University of North Florida)
When: 28th of August - 1st of September 2017.
Where: The summer school will be held at La Cristalera, a venue of the Autonomous University of Madrid that is located at a national park approximately 60 km away from Madrid.
1. Gloria Andrada (Autonomous University of Madrid)
2. Eric Bayruns Garcia (The Graduate Center, CUNY)
3. Hannah Bondurant (University of Toronto)
4. Kenneth Boyd (University of Toronto)
5. Berit Brogaard (University of Miami)
6. Fernando Broncano-Berrocal (University of Copenhagen)
7. Michel Croce (University of Edinburgh)
8. Charles Dalrymple-Fraser (University of Toronto)
9. Chris Dragos (IHPST, University of Toronto)
10. Anna Daria Drożdżowicz ( Aarhus University/University of Oslo)
11. Kayleigh Doherty (Arizona State University/University of She eld)
12. Nadja El Kassar (ETH Zürich)
13. Paul Faulkner (University of She eld)
14. Ori Freiman ( Bar-Ilan University, Israel)
15. Grzegorz Gaszczyk (Jagiellonian University)
16. Job de Grefte (University of Groningen)
17. Sanford Goldberg (Northwestern University)
18. Javier González de Prado Salas (Autonomous University of Madrid)
19. Joshua Habgood-Coote (University of St Andrews/University of Stirling)
20. Katherine Hawley (University of St Andrews)
21. Klemens Kappel (University of Copenhagen)
22. Christoph Kelp (University of Glasgow)
23. Thirza Lagewaard (VU University in Amsterdam)
24. Kirk Lougheed (McMaster University)
25. Jonathan Matheson ((University of North Florida)
26. Jesús Navarro (University of Seville)
27. Jose ne Pallavicini (University of Copenhagen)
28. Alicia Pa erson (Cornell University)
29. Andrew Peet (University of Oslo)
30. Kim Phillips Pedersen (University of Oslo/University of St Andrews)
31. Daniel Pino (University of Granada/University of Salamanca)
32. Mona Simion (University of Cardi )
33. Eric Sampson (University of North Carolina)
34. Leonie Smith (University of Manchester)
35. Nga-Yin (Agnes) Tam (Queen’s University)
36. Jesús Vega (Autonomous University of Madrid)
37. Stephen Wright (Jesus College, University of Oxford)
Description: Each day will be devoted to a central topic in social epistemology:
1) What's Social Epistemology? - Epistemic Injustice
3) The Epistemology of Groups
On a given day, there will be:
A plenary talk: A keynote speaker will give a paper on one of the topics.
A pre-read session: All participants will discuss a piece of work in progress by the keynote speaker (it will be circulated in advance so everyone can prepare their comments).
Participants' presentations: All participants will have the opportunity to give their own papers.
The summer school aims to foster interaction among participants and provide ample room for discussion.
The conference booklet is available here: booklet.
Jesús Vega (Autonomous University of Madrid) (email@example.com)
Klemens Kappel (University of Copenhagen) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fernando Broncano-Berrocal (University of Copenhagen) (email@example.com)